Monday, January 4, 2010

SharePoint and LiveLink Integration: Part 2

This is a continuation of my previous post on SharePoint and LiveLink integration: Part1 where I described how to archive SharePoint documents to LiiveLink. In this post I will tell you how to search LiveLink data through SharePoint.
Searching Livelink Content from a SharePoint Site
The purpose of this is to create a Search Page in SharePoint site which will be used for searching and displaying search results from Livelink. The following steps will tell us how to do it.



1.  Create a web part page in SharePoint (e.g. LivelilkSearch.aspx)
2.  Create a user control using Visual Studio 2005\2008 which will have a text box (to enter         the query string) a search button(Which will call the Livelink search service and pass the query from text box to get the search results) and a gridview to show the Search Results from Livelink.
3.   In your visual studio project add a web reference to the Livelink Search Service.
4.   Add the code for the OnClick event of the search button to form the proper query string and pass it as a parameter to the ApplyQuery function of the Search service and get the results and show them in the GridView.
                5.    Add this user control as a web part(using SmartPart) on the Search page that we created. 




16 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Can you please provide me the webpart code that you wrote for this specific case.
    Thank much

    email: simo.mrani@gmail.com

    Simo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    please favor me by emailing me the same on mukesh.kgiri@hotmail.com

    as i am quiet qurious on doing it once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post Anshul. I'm assuming this was done in SharePoint 2010 or 2007?

    I would be interested in experimenting with your code. Could you also provide me with the webpart code/configuration at arnel@arnelsoliman.com?

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also very interested in this project as my company will be looking into integrating SharePoint 2010 w/LiveLink in the next few months. Can you please send the code to:

    email: favance11@gmail.com

    Thanks for your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually working in integration various sharepoint functions w/LiveLink, and would be interested in seeing your code ( denis.corbin@gmail.com).

    Also, is there a full listing of the available web services available from LiveLink ?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I'd be very grateful if you could also take the time to send me the code, I;ma also looking into this,
    Thanks
    christopheralman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI
    I'm working on the sharepoint 2010 , i want to integrate it with another application , so can u provide me that integration code & i have the code of that application that is to be kept in the integration code of Sharepoint 2010
    Kindly help me on urgent basis.Plz provide me that integration code


    sumitsharma977@gmail.com, cell n0-8800201818

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    I work with SharePoint 2010 and I'd vary greteful if you could send me the code.

    Thanks in advance,
    Diego
    diego.ranzani@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,

    I also work with sharepoint 2007 and LiveLink and would greatly apreciate looking at your code. Thank you for the help.

    Benjamin
    benjw90@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anshul
    Thanks for the post - I'm completely new to LiveLink and have been asked to put together some specs for sharepoint/Livelink search integration. There are two approaches used that I've seen - oen is the method you use above, the other is to wrap the LiveLink services with another RESTful service in order to provide results in RSS format for OpenSearch consumers. have you got any thoughts on which of these approaches works best and why? Your approach looks fairly quick and easy, but without LiveLink experience it's very difficult for me to judge this. The OpenSearch approach is a little more involved but has more applications, although I'm not convinced of the value of OpenSearch here (do users really need to search Livelink from a browser etc.)... Any information is greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,
    Can you please provide me the webpart code that you wrote for this specific case.
    Thank much

    email: anindya.chatterjee4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anshul,

    This article is much appreciated. Can you please send me the code?

    sharepointengineer@gmail.com

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anshul,

    This article is much appreciated. Can you please send me the code?

    erndickey@wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anshul,

    The article you created has the information I need. I sent a previous request but I wanted to provided a better e-mail address for you to send me the code?

    erndickey@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anshul,

    I have the exact scenario which has to be done on SP 2010,If you could share the code it will be of great help, please share the code to ganesh15988@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete